A clogged catch basin or storm drain can result in severe flooding that will cause lasting damage to your home or business. Catch basins and storm drains help route water from rains, floods and other ground water into the sewer system and away from vulnerable areas of your home. Catch basins and storm drains funnel away harmful debris such as:
These types of material, if allowed into your sewer system, can clog your drains and result severe flooding.
Catch Basin and Storm Drain Cleaning Features
- If the catch basins and storm drains around your home are not maintained and cleaned on a regular basis, you will have a flood and backup during heavy downpour or snow melt off.
- When we arrive at your home, we will inspect the storm drains and catch basins to determine the cause of the clog and clean them out. This involves removing grates and getting into the basins to remove stuck debris.
Catch Basin and Storm Drain Cleaning Benefits
Depending on the location of the catch basin or storm drain, the cleaning responsibility may be yours or the citys. You will need to check with the city or county sewer department to determine responsibility. In some homes, smaller catch basins are installed which are almost always the home owners responsibility. Even if your sewer department is responsible, they may be unaware of a problem and it may take a long time for them to come out and check the problem. If your catch basin or storm drain is frequently flooding, it is best to contact us to handle the issue before you have a major problem on your hands. Without working clean outs, you could:
- Have frequent floods when it rains.
- Ruin the landscaping near the basin.
- Damage the concrete sidewalk or driveway due to erosion from excessive water.
- Have trash, debris and other items in your yard.
Ignoring a clogged storm drain or catch basin today can lead to big trouble tomorrow. Call us today and have our experts check out your storms drains and catch basins.